Networking is critical regardless of what your career is. Many times, we don’t get jobs because we are gifted or qualified; We get jobs because of our network. Your personal network is the gold glue that keeps your career in tack. That gold glue will present opportunities to you way before it makes its way onto public forums or job boards. Keep these connection healt y and cultivate them whenever you can.
Here are ways to connect with other UX Professionals:
1. UXDEVSUMMIT 2. Smashing Conf 3. Digital Experience Summit 4. UXPA Internation Conference 5. Interaction 17 6. How Design Live 7. 99U Conference 8. UX Immersion 9. SXSW
Surround yourself with the dreamers, the doers, the believers, and the thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness in you.
1. Shenomads Mentorship Program 2. UX for Change Mentorship 3. Jennifer Aldrich List 4. XXUX Mentorship
1. Local AIGA chapters
2. Local Creative Morning Lectures
3. Local IxDA Meetings
4. UXPA events 5. Meetup or Eventbrite
1. HACK FOR CHANGE Hackathon 2. Hackathon.com and search “design” 3. Cut&Paste 4. Startup Weekend
5. RookieUp www.lenoraporter.com